Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Beginning


Mission Statement
     This is not to be confused with another typical fashion blog. This is about inspiration. I am less concerned with who wore what and where and more interested in where popular and up-and-coming designers of today find their inspiration. 
     The creative process of the fashion industry seems to have been lost in the mix of beautry trends. My wish is too pull it back and put a spotlight on it; to educate the masses on something they may have never known about: the actual art of fashion. 

The title of this blog is a quote by Elbert Hubbard, an American writer.

The way it works
     Each month I'll highlight the work of a few different designers usually three or four with one honorable mention, meaning I didn't find much on their inspiration but love what they put out. 
     There will a “flashback” each month from a past issue of Vogue Magazine highlighting great art that we may have forgotten about. It will be about as small as a honorable mention. Occasionally I may do a few end of the month favorites which will include product reviews howeve,r remember that this is not a beauty trend blog so don't count on it to be a monthly addition. 

About Me
     I'll share a few basics with you but most of what you need to know can be viewed in my profile. I'm a second-semester sophomore at a State University. I'm a journalism major with minors in spanish and women's studies. My favorite mags are Vogue then Elle, favorite designers Michael Kors and Betsey Johnson and my guilty pleasure is anything from AE Outfitters. If you have any questions or requests just send them to me in a message. I'll be covering designers that I find in Vogue but if you have a designer you want me to feature I'd be more than happy too. Other than that, happy reading loves. :)
xoxo Miss Honeybun