Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Gift From the Shoe Gods

Wow so I feel terrible with a capital 'T'. I haven't blogged in weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if many of you stopped subscribing. I finally got my working situation figured out and then of course I got swamped at work but things have finally calmed down and I can breathe a bit. Remember I love comments and suggestions. Enjoy!


xoxo Miss Honeybun


If you google Charlotte Olympia you find descriptions of links like "perfect for shoe obsessions" or "great shoe style". They aren't joking. Next to my AE Outfitters addiction I, like many others, have a huge addiction to shoes (especially heels) and Charlotte Olympia aka Charlotte Dellal knows exactly how that addiction feels. "With what I do, its really a girl designing for another girl," she told Vogue's Mark Holgate. By looking at her past collections, its obvious she knows exactly what a girl wants in a shoe. Her platform pumps are meant to fill one with total confidence. A perfect example is the cameo a pair made at the movie premier of Did You Hear About the Morgans?, worn by Sarah Jessica Parker.





In July's Vogue, we get a teaser of her Fall collection (not mentioned on her website due to renovation), which is inspired by "thick strapped 1940's sandals", "playful use of leopard print" (among many other vivid and bold patterns) "and love of platforms." I will certainly be waiting for her fall looks with high anticipation - my feet are getting jittery just thinking about it! If you aren't sure if her shoes are right for you take a look at some her past pieces.



Now that I've found out who this wonderful person is, that puts shoes on display all over her home, I'm yearning to find out more about her inspiration and style. Shoes this creative are not common or seen everywhere.

Original Article: "Head for Heights" by Mark Holgate. July Vogue 2010, pg. 62'
http://neversmileatacrocodile.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/charlotteolympiaimelda1.jpg
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5475/picture21y.png
http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/2009/12/in-or-out-sarah-jessica-parker.html


xoxo Miss Honeybun